The 5th and final Flick was held Sunday on the beautiful Schuylkill River. The races were organized with the boy’s racing all morning and the girls taking over the afternoon.
· The morning started out with Matteo stepping out to race in the single for the first time. He finished his 15k race in 7:08.12. With each week Matteo is improving; and we look forward to watching his continual growth.
· Parker, Paul, Walter, and Dan then took on the other JV quads a pulled out a 2nd place title! The finished their race in 5:07.85 with open water between them and the next finisher.
· Noah and Joel raced next in the varsity double and finished with a time of 5:34.86 in their heat. Tyler and Joey also raced among the varsity doubles and finished first in their heat! The boys flew down the course in 5:27.78, an amazing 10.72 seconds before the 2nd place finisher. The boys proved their versatility again this week by jumping into a new lineup on race day and not letting the change effect their determination.
· The boys’ varsity quad finished up the last of the morning races and lined up beside some fast crews. Ryan, Luke, Erik, and Keaton fought with each stroke in a very close, exciting race and completed the 15000 meters in 4:48.04, just 0.39 seconds behind 2nd place.
In the afternoon, it was the girl’s turn to bring the heat.
· The JV quad raced down the river exemplifying grand improvement from last week. The completed their race in 6:37.67.
· Kara and Rachel then geared up to race amongst the varsity doubles. All spectators watching from the shoreline could see the effort these girls gave to their race. It was clear to see bend in their oars and determination in their eyes. The finished in close 4th place with a time of 6:08.87.
· The last race of the day proved to be one worth waiting for. Angela, Olivia E, Lauren, and Noa got the W racing beside the varsity quads! They finished 2 seconds before their 2nd place competitor and clocked a time of 5:35.40.
We’re excited to have completed the Manny Flick Series and move on to compete in Garden States next weekend! Thank you to the family and friends who came out to support this weekend and provide a wonderful food tent.
Thank you to the Fanelle’s for safety driving the trailer to and from the race course. You'll be enjoying a well-deserved break from duty as we race on our own turf for the next 2 weeks.
THANKS to our generous sponsors
William G. Rohrer Charitable Foundation
Jeffrey M. King Architect Group
Haddon Family Dentistry
Konig North America
Ann Marie Lynch Scholarship Fund
Blue Hair Salon
Fanelle's Auto & Towing
First Colonial Community Bank
Jackson Funeral Home
Jay Reinert, AIA Architect
Lenny, Vermaat & Leanard, Inc.
Westmont ACE Hardware
Mulligan's Bar and Grill
61 Haddon Avenue, PMB 260
Westmont, NJ 08108